Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Where's the Vacation?

After and AWESOME service this past Sunday at FHCC, we hopped into the family micro-sedan and headed to "Amish-Country" for Christmas. After one wrong turn and 15-min. of panicking at the thought that I may have forgotten something back in NYC, we arrived at Christine's parents' around dinner time. We ate, unpacked, bathed the kids, put them in bed, and then fell asleep only to wake up every hour to our youngest screaming. Apparently he was not liking the new mattress grandma had specially bought just for him. Needless to say, it was a LONG night...
Monday (Christmas Eve) it was "up at dawn" to take the car for the annual inspection. Sure enough, it needed some work so I spent the day sitting at my parents' house watching YouTube and waiting...and waiting...and waiting... But, by mid-afternoon it was done, the credit card was swiped and it off to Lancaster to pick up the wife and kids and head out to the Christmas Eve service. Super-sprint to church in time to get a seat, get inside and see all our friends we haven't seen in a year. GREAT TIME! The service starts with us standing and singing carols. I get to hold my youngest who hates to be held when I am sitting, so all is well...UNTIL the end of the first song. From there on out it was a sitting service, which meant I had to go to the back of the auditorium and walk and hold my baby. SUPER GREAT TIME!!! My arms are breaking, people are staring, but I am dancing and singing with my smiling, happy, daddy-loving boy. LOVED IT!!! Best way to spend a Christmas Eve.
Service is over, race home, bathe the kids, get them in bed, and then wake up early to run back to my parents' house for Christmas morning. Spend the morning with them, race home at noon to get the kids down for nap-time, finally open MY presents, get the kids up, eat dinner, bathe the kids, get them to bed, and then spend the night talking with family, FIGHTING FACEBOOK! and going to bed late...PRAISE GOD, the baby sleeps through the night.
Day after Christmas the baby is up before sunrise, which is no biggie since daddy got a new coffee-maker for Christmas. Fresh smell of Starbuck's, a Hillsong cd, baby in my arms and praying with Jesus is a GREAT way to start the day. Surprisingly, the family soon awakes, showers are taken, and it is OFF TO THE MALL for returns and gift card shopping. (NO post-Christmas deal this year :( ) Ended up buying nothing, coming home, putting the kids down for a nap, and getting ready for Sunday.
The rest of the week looks like the first part of the week: break-neck. Honestly, I have no complaints (my blood-shot eyes do, but I don't). I'm with my family, I love my wife and kids, and I love being a pastor. LOVE IT!

No comments: