Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thursday Sabbath

Once a week, a day is set aside for NOTHING. As a husband and father of two small boys, "nothing" certainly doesn't mean "nothing." What it does mean is that the email is not opened, no work is done/modified/etc., and I don't even make a list of things to do. What does happen, however, is I spend the entire day with my family. This typically involves a trip to Target for family items, a $1 popcorn and Icee combo, and wrestling my oldest multiple times throughout the day. I always try to read a book or watch a movie, but again, I have two small boys and a wife that I love with all my heart. There is NO WAY I am going to ignore them for a book or comedy.

Today was no exception to the norm. Had a great day with the family, watched the snow fall (for a total of 1-hour before turning to nasty sleet and rain) and ate homemade "Sweet baby Ray" bar-b-que sandwiches. If you have never heard of "Sweet Baby Ray's Bar BQ Sauce," you are missing out on a little piece of heaven on earth.

I am grateful for the Sabbath concept. Good thinkin', Lord.

1 comment:

URIAH PARKER said...

Hmmm...Bar BQ's...

HELLO JEREMY!!!!