Friday, December 14, 2007

Rough Day

Hey, guess what: Pastors have rough days too. Surprise, surprise, I know. Man, it started off a winner. I was handing out invitations in the subway (300 in less than an hour), prayer walked home, finished the week's sermon and powerpoint, and then BAM!...all down hill from there.

What is weird is that it wasn't "one thing" or even "several things;" it was simply me! I was just in a funk and I let it get the better of me. I am still soooo human; and that is the problem.

No, I am not talking crazy left-coast-hippy-talk. I am not striving to become an enlightened spirit or being. What I mean by being "human," is I was not living like Jesus today in my attitude. I wasn't evil, cursing, watching bad movies or getting in fights with others, I was just living my day on my own like everybody else. I wasn't dependent and seeking God's influence as much as I should have been. The result: bad day.

Now, can "bad days" happen when you are full-throttle for Jesus? Sure. Life is life, and more often than not it's hard and disappointing. But in those situations, when you are full-throttle on Jesus, those bad days are still good days spiritually.

Ah...to be dependent on Jesus. It truly is the only way to go.

No comments: