Monday, January 14, 2008

Chilling with the Hommies

Not sure how you spell, "Hommies," so I hope I got it right. Nevertheless, it was a great day today. Started off with a miracle...I got to sleep in! went to bed Sunday night at 8:45am and my wife and I slept until 8:00am. A sleep like that was long overdue and I was extremely grateful.

The day then progressed with the opportunity to play with my boys before work. Yes, I work from home, but that can be both a blessing and a curse. Too often, because the computer is right in front of me in the house, I am drawn to it to complete a "work assignment" at any and every moment of the day. A Home Office just doesn't allow a disconnect too often. Today, however, I fought the power and played with my boys until 10am. Time well spent and very productive!

Later in the morning I was able to meet up with Eddy and we mixed a new podcast for the church. It not only was a lot of FUN, but it probably is our best podcast ever. YES, there is a small technical glitch about half way through, but it still is light, engaging, and deep in the truths of God's word. you can check it out here. Afterwards, it was back home to help put the kids down for a nap (a job I request and make room for everyday), and give Eddy a chance to help me find Air Jordan VI in the original black for under $200. (No luck with that one yet...)

Now, this afternoon got really crazy as Eddy and I hooked up with Niters for lunch at Corfu. Corfu is a phenomenal little Greek joint in Forest Hills, and is located right next to Omar's Concrete Jungle supply store. Speaking of Concrete Jungle: that place rocks!! If you are into Hip/Hop attire, urban art, or just cool people, then you have to check out Concrete Jungle. All the workers there are great, but the owner, Omar, takes the cake. Tell him I sent you whenever you visit. (You won't get a discount, but you will make me look good! :))

Now, during our meal at Corfu today, we were also joined by our friend, Norm. Norm brought his usual humor and insights into the conversation. It was great all being together and talking, that the party became a "crawl" without the alcohol. We spent all afternoon bouncing around the restaurants of Forest Hills. It was cool, and very enjoyable. I am blessed to be the pastor of such a great group of people who really do LOVE Jesus!!! As if this day wasn't already action-packed enough, turns out more great things were still to be had.

When I returned home for dinner, I was finally able to do what I've always wanted to do: take the kids off my wife. My wife is so great and loves our kids more than any other, but I know that even she could use a breather during the day. Today I was finally able to give her one before dinner. I love my wife.

After dinner, another church member hooked up with us, Sista Torey. Torey and the family were able to hang out and work on our Facebook account. I still think Facebook is too hard, but with Torey's help I think we can use it to reach a lot of people for Jesus. You can check our church GROUP page the next time you log in. We'd love your feedback.

So, in closing: it was a good day. Great people. Great family. Great God.

4 comments:

URIAH PARKER said...

Sounds like a blast! Unfortunately some of us have to work for a living! Just Kidding! Just Jealous!

Blessings

Pastor Jeremy said...

I love this guy!!

Uriah, I'm blessed to be your friend, and eager to hire you and your talents.

Nita said...

It was a great day and very productive. I look forward to more time spent with my new family

Anonymous said...

Hey jeremy,

thanks for the shout out.
I like to eat it too.

Concrete Jungle